Serving God and Our Neighbors
Through Acts of Kindness
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. “(Ephesians 2:10)
SHARING OUR STORY
We seek to live Jesus’ command to love God with all our heart, mind and soul, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. We endeavor to demonstrate this commitment in various acts of service locally, regionally,
BUILDING OUR FUTURE
Mountainside service-related accomplishments in 2020 served many needs:
- Fashioned face masks for local and out-of-state organizations.
- Delivered school supplies for the Navajo Reservation.
- Supported the New Mexico Community Foundation Native American Relief Fund and the Fisher House Foundation for Service Member and Veteran Families.
- Gathered adult and child clothing for the Border Ministry for asylum seekers.
- Donated groceries, pet food, and gift cards to the East Mountain Food Pantry to address food insecurity throughout the year.
GROWING OUR DREAMS
Our Serve goals for the upcoming year include:
Continuing to support organizations that address food insecurity, at-risk individuals, underserved communities, and our missionaries.
- Local organizations:
- Habitat for Humanity/Maintenance Ministry
- East Mountain Food Pantry/Christmas Baskets
- Dream Center for homeless youth
- HopeWorks for feeding the homeless
- Asbury Pie Cafe for food insecurity
- Juntos Ministry for school-age children
- Regional organizations
- McCurdy Ministries, Espanola for mental health
- Youth and Adult mission trips
- Kairos Prison Ministry
- Navajo UMC, Farmington for women in crisis
- Pure Water, Navajo Rez for fuel, water, pastors
- Jason and Kerensa McFrederick Czech Republic
- SE Coleman Guatamala/Uganda
- Morogoro Tanzania Wesley Primary School
- Rick and Crystal Rumer Last Frontier Alaska