Check back often to keep up to date on the latest happenings in our Children’s Ministry!
Children’s Church Leaders
Youth and Children’s Sunday School
Nursery. Newborns to age 4, 10:00AM to 12PM
Bible Beginners. K – 3rd graders, Room 204
Faith Finders. 4th – 5th graders, Room 202
Spirit Seekers. 6th – 12th graders, Room 205
We have many opportunities for children to grow in Christ.
Children’s Ministry Calendar October 2021
What Is The Story?
The Story is an abridged, chronological Bible that reads like a novel. There are no verse references, and Scripture segments are seamlessly woven together with transition text into a single grand narrative. For those intimidated or overwhelmed by the unabridged Bible, The Story helps people understand God’s Word more fully and engage with it more easily.
Simple, accessible, and easy to use, churches are finding The Story a powerful way to engage their people in Bible reading like never before. As The Story brings the Bible to life, the broad scope of God’s message will penetrate hearts. People of all ages will be swept up in the story of God’s love and God’s plan for their lives.
- We are currently having our LEGO and CONNECT with GOD class again, every Wednesday evening at 5pm except for the third Wednesday of the month, so that families can attend Messy Church. In our LEGO and Connect with God class we review our lesson and build scenes from the lesson with Lego’s. There also are a lot of wonderful Lego bibles videos made to have a visual for children to learn from. We then have a family dinner at 5:30pm which is a great time for families to be together and share experiences. We then continue with our Kids Connection Class at 6pm where we continue our lesson with a craft, and games. This is where we are learning on “The Story”. The children are building strong relationships with the bible and new friends. These classes will continue throughout the year. Our Class in now sitting at 10 children ever Wednesday night. If you would like to help volunteer for helping in the class, we would love for you to come and join the fun. Please contact Heather
We do not meet on the Third Wednesday of the month so that families can join our MESSY CHURCH activities. We use CLASSDOJO for communication with our class activities and for parents to get updates. Please Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to the classroom. Classroom info is closed for privacy for families only via Safe Sanctuaries practices.
- Our Children’s Church classes are available at 10:30am for the onsite service. Children will start their morning off in the sanctuary and be invited to attend Children’s Church upstairs once time. During class they will review the scripture for the day and have the opportunity for crafts and games.
Our class is growing, and we are looking for volunteers who would like to help with one Sunday a month connecting with the children and teaching a lesson that will be provided for you and all the supplies. This is a wonderful volunteer opportunity and helps the children connect with more in our congregation. Please contact Heather if you are interested. Children@mountainsidemethodist.org
- Sunday School class is looking to reopen as well. We are looking for Volunteers would like to help during class. This would be a class that would go from 11:30am to 12:30pm. For those parents who are interested in meeting other parents and being involved in a Sunday School class we are also looking to form a connections class for families and parents. Please connect Heather for more info.
- Our Parents night out is rocking! Last month we had a total of 14 children. This is a wonderful opportunity for families outside of the church to come and enjoy sometime for themselves. This is held on the last Friday of every month, from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. The October Movie is “COCO”. The children get to watch the movie of the month, a meal, popcorn, sing, dance, play games, and make a craft. There is a $15.00 per child fee with discounts for siblings. Registration is required so there is the right number of supplies for all children. For the Month of October due to Trunk or treat we will be having PNO on October 22nd. We are encouraging children to come dressed in their Halloween costumes!
we are so excited to have out annual TRUNK OR TREAT this year! We are going to do our best to make this a very productive and successful year!
With that in mind we are looking to get some help with things to make this possible. We are so thankful for how supportive our Church is and everything you all do to help our community. Without you this all would not be possible!
We are looking for help and donations with:
- Decorated TRUNKS
- CANDY and lots of it!
- Prize baskets for (BEST OF COSTMUES and TRUNKS) total of (5 total baskets)
- Hot coco cups/ marshmallows
- Baked good for Bake sale (benefiting children’s ministry)
- Cakes/ cupcakes for CAKE WALK
- Glow sticks
- Hot dog buns/ Hot dogs
- Little game prizes
- VOLENTEERS TO HELP FOR EVENT (games, food, clean up, trunks, traffic, greeting, ANYHING you ar4e comfortable with
- Financial help to cover cost of event in general can be made to the church directly, with Noted for “CHILDRENS MINISTRY” or done online with noted for “CHILDRENS MINISTRY”.
Please contact email@example.com to sign up or with other questions. We also have a sign-up sheet in the welcome center for trunks and volunteers. Our donations containers will be out this Sunday for candy and other items. We look forward to a wonderful season of fun and reaching more families.
MSUMC Childrens Ministries.
Follow us on Facebook for Updates and other fun activities. https://www.facebook.com/MountainsidechildrenUMC
Upward Sports Upward basketball and cheerleading is a fun and exciting Christian sports league for boys and girls in K-8th grade. Upward promotes character and self-esteem by providing equal playing time for every player, one-hour practices, weekly games, and positive coaching and role modeling. Upward Website